By Matthew Forrest | November 15, 2014
If you’re looking to increase your click-through rates and raise your quality scores (and who isn’t?) then optimizing your ad copy is the path of least resistance. Thanks to Search Engine Watch we have ten tried-and-true methods to improve your ad copy. While these methods will not work in every situation for every advertiser they are certainly worth putting into play and split testing against your current ads.
- Use “www” in your destination URL.
- Avoid incorporating numbers such as “20% Off.”
- Avoid using exclamation points!
- Test various calls to action and avoid stale phrases such as “now.”
- Offer something for free.
- Replace “and” with “&.”
- Don’t include the price.
- Incorporate the word “official.”
- Include trademark symbols.
- Use all the space you’re allowed to use. The longer the ad, the better. Keeping that in mind, make sure you are taking advantage of ad extensions, as well.
For more about these great tips see the original post on Search Engine Watch.